Rep. Bachmann: Dems Want To Sabotage Me Because I Might Become President
On Mike Gallagher's radio program yesterday, Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-MN) offered a novel theory as to why Democrats want her out of office: They don't want her to become the first woman president.
BACHMANN: Also with women politicians, they want to make sure no women, no woman becomes president before a Democrat woman, and so they're doing everything they can to, I think, sabotage women like Sarah Palin, perhaps women like myself, or similarly situated women, to make sure that we don't have a prominent national voice. But the thing is, the people in our country, they don't care who the voice is, they just want someone, they want to know that someone is speaking out for them against what will certainly bring about the destruction of our great country if we continue to go down the Obama path.
Believe it or not, Democratic motivation to boot Bachmann likely has less to do with fears about a Bachmann presidency and more to do with incendiary remarks like:
- Asking conservatives to slit their wrists and become blood brothers against Obama.
- Claiming Barack and Michelle Obama have "anti-American" views, and calling for an investigation into whether members of Congress are "pro-America or anti-America."
- Telling constituents they need to be "armed and dangerous" against Obama's energy plan.
- Fearing Obama will create "re-education camps for young people"
- Thinking it's "interesting" that swine flu outbreaks only happen under Democratic presidents (not true, by the way).
Bachmann, by the way, has left it up to God whether or not she'll run for president. And if Bachmann is to be believed, Democrats are praying that she won't.